Here are the food service inspections reported by the Onondaga County Health Department from July 18 to 24:
Limp Lizard BBQ & Catering
201 First Street, Liverpool, NY 13088
Inspection done 11:56 a.m. July 19, 2021
Reinspection is Required
Critical violations: Numerous potentially hazardous food items improperly cooling in the basement walk-in cooler used for catering items (corrected, removed lids to large pans, took some out to portion into smaller pans and left uncovered to cool). Spanish rice in small hotel pans covered with plastic wrap and foil, temped at 65 degrees. Large bus tub of product at 75 degrees (corrected, removed lids to large pans, and uncovered the small hotel pans to cool). Collard greens with pulled pork in small hotel pans covered with plastic wrap and foil temped at 63 to 65 degrees (corrected, uncovered all small hotel pans to cool to 45 degrees). Baked beans, prepped from canned beans and cold pulled pork, temp at 51 to 55 degrees, stored in small hotel pans and large bus tubs (corrected, uncovered to cool to 45 degrees). Cooked half chickens stored in bus tub, temped at 90 degrees, cooked one hour previous and placed in cooler in pan greater than 4 inches deep, in cooler for 20 minutes (corrected, moved chicken to sheet trays to cool completely to 45 degrees before placing into a deep container again.
Violations: Raw fish and cooked, cooled chicken not stored protected in basement walk-in cooler. Large container of cooking oil stored directly on floor.
Single service container used as scoop and stored directly in product, bread crumbs. Single service container lacks handle and cannot be reused.
Employee’s personal beverage stored opened and on preparation table.
Hinge broken on reach-in chest freezer in upstairs kitchen.
Soda gun dispenser and holder at the bar dirty. Reach-in coolers in upstairs prep area, in cookline area, both dirty. Fronts and sides of cooking equipment at the cookline, fryers at the cookline, door tracks of reach-in cooler in prep area, all dirty. Wire and plastic shelving in all walk-in coolers dirty.
Floors in walk-in coolers dirty. Some puddling of water in dairy product walk-in cooler in basement.
Sahota Indian Palace
668 Old Liverpool Road, Liverpool, NY 13088
Inspection done 2:40 p.m. July 19, 2021
Reinspection is Required
Critical violations: In walk-in cooler, approximately a dozen raw whole shell eggs stored above ready-to-eat foods (corrected – eggs moved to lowest shelf).
Violations: Food stored on floor in walk-in cooler and kitchen area.
Lower shelving across from oven lined with cardboard, surfaces not smooth and easily cleanable.
Automatic dish machine not reaching minimum temperature required of 120 degrees.
Interior of microwave in kitchen dirty. Stove in kitchen dirty. Interior of reach-in cooler across from stove dirty.
Floors in walk-in cooler dirty. Floor tiles in kitchen area cracked, missing, and in poor repair.
1401 Burnet Avenue, Syracuse, NY 13206
Inspection done 2:15 p.m. July 23, 2021
Reinspection is Required
Critical violations: No working food thermometer available (correction – new digital food thermometer was purchased immediately).
Approximately 4 to 5 pounds of cooked chicken wings in container next to deep fryers at 88 to 90 degrees (correction – voluntarily discarded).
Non-critical violations: None
The following establishments were inspected but no violations were found:
- [email protected] St., 317 Montgomery Street, Syracuse
- All Saints Parish – Bishop Harrison, 1342 Lancaster Avenue, Syracuse
- Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar, 3189 Erie Boulevard East, DeWitt
- Bad Axe Throwing, 170 Township Boulevard, Suite 30, Camillus
- Barlow’s Concessions Mobile Unit, 76 Erie Street, Onondaga County
- Bee You Nutrition, 56 Oswego Street, Lysander
- Boulangerie, 526 Plum Street, Syracuse
- Cicero Country Pizza, 8292 Brewerton Road, Cicero
- Coppertop Tavern, 3380 Milton Avenue, Camillus
- Crave Dessert Studio, 314 Lakeside Road, Geddes
- Divine Dishes Kitchen, 6780 Northern Boulevard, Suite 300, DeWitt
- Dominos Pizza, 6438 Basile Rowe, DeWitt
- Elm Street Café, 1 Elm Street, Tully
- Food Bank of CNY at Boys & Girls Club, 201 Shonnard Street, Syracuse
- Geddes Baking Co. & Pastry Shop, 421-423 South Main Street, Cicero
- Get Down On It, 1815 South State Street, Syracuse
- Jamaica Cuse, 117 East Fayette Street, Syracuse
- King Seafood House, 2204 Brewerton Road, Salina
- Macarollin Mobile Unit, 832 Emerson Street, Onondaga County
- Mamacitas Mobile Unit, 435 North Salina Street, Syracuse
- Marriott Syracuse Downtown, 100 East Onondaga Street, Syracuse
- Mr. Bigg’s Restaurant, 658 North Salina Street, Syracuse
- PEACE Senior Nutrition @ Bob Cecile Community, 176 West Seneca Turnpike, Syracuse
- Pies Guys Pizzeria & Fish Fry (The), 3333 Milton Avenue, Camillus
- Rodfather’s BBQ, 517 Charles Avenue, Geddes
- Rodfather’s BBQ Commissary, 517 Charles Avenue, Geddes
- San Miguel Mexican Bar & Grill, 2 Oswego Street, Lysander
- Sinbad Sweets & Ice Cream, 2727 James Street, Syracuse
- St. Ann’s Church, 104 Academy Street, Manlius
- St. Francis of Assisi Parish Center, 7820 Minoa Bridgeport Road, Cicero
- Stanley B. Pennock Post 2893 V.F.W., 517 Charles Avenue, Geddes
- Studio 54, 308 West Genesee Street, Syracuse
- Suzie’s Lakeland Diner, 764 State Fair Boulevard, Geddes
- Swift River Properties, 3 Syracuse Street, Van Buren
- Trexx, 323 North Clinton Street, Syracuse
- Tully Hill-N-Dale Country Club, 6402 Route 80, Fabius
- Vineyard Church – Syracuse (The), 312 Lakeside Road, Geddes
The following establishments were found to have corrected violations cited at previous inspections:
- Bonefish Grill, 600 Towne Drive, Manlius
- Middle Ages Beer Garden, Hancock International Airport, 1000 Col. Eileen Collins Boulevard, DeWitt
- Little Caesars, 307 West Manlius Street, DeWitt
- O’Hara’s ClubHouse at 19th Hole, 354 Ny Route 5, Elbridge
- Sake Bomb Japanese Steakhouse, 8081 Brewerton Road, Cicero
Contact Brenda Duncan anytime: 315-470-2265 | Email | Twitter