Here are the food service inspections reported by the Onondaga County Health Department from April 18 to 24:
Rice & Tea
5859 Route 31, Suite #1, Cicero, NY 13039
Inspection done 2:03 p.m. April 20, 2021
Critical violations: Raw whole shell eggs stored at room temperature in dry storage area on wire shelving for less than 2 hours (corrected).
Cooked quiche stored at room temperature at 79 degrees for less than 2 hours (corrected)
Violations: Various food items stored directly on the floor in kitchen. Boxes of single service items stored directly on the floor in kitchen.
Food worker in kitchen preparing food without a hair restraint.
3409 Erie Boulevard East, DeWitt, NY 13214
Inspection done 11:05 a.m. April 21, 2021
Reinspection is Required
Critical violations: Top of prep cooler not operating properly to maintain temperature potentially hazardous foods at or below 45 degrees (corrected, food in cooler moved to walk-in cooler, temperature will routinely be monitored).
Male employee at line wearing mask improperly below nose (corrected).
7645 Oswego Road, Liverpool, NY 13090
Inspection done 12:29 p.m. April 23, 2021
Reinspection is Required
Critical violations: Veggie/egg patties at 65 degrees in the rear prep area for less than 2 hours (corrected, moved to walk in cooler).
Breakfast sandwich in hot holding for undetermined amount of time at 120 degrees (corrected, employee discarded the food).
Worker in the kitchen preparing food was observed not wearing a mask (corrected). Every other worker in establishment was wearing a face covering properly.
Violations: Interior of ice scoop holders at front service counter dirty.
Lower shelving throughout the front service area, interiors of various coolers throughout the front service area, and bottom shelf of donut display case, all dirty with food and debris accumulation.
The following establishments were inspected but no violations were found:
- Angel’s Heavenly Hamburgers, 22 Jordan Street, Skaneateles
- Big Awesome BBQ, 2105 Valley Drive, Syracuse
- Bistro To Go @ Upstate Bone & Joint, 6620 Fly Road, DeWitt
- Burger King, 4035 Route 31, Clay
- B’ville Sports Bowl, 45 East Genesee Street, Lysander
- Canal Side Cafe & Bistro, 23 Syracuse Street, Lysander
- Courtyard/Residence Inn Syracuse Downtown, 300 West Fayette Street, Syracuse
- Dough Boys Pizzeria, 60 Salina Street (Route 370), Lysander
- Dunkin Donuts, 501 East Genesee Street, Manlius
- Dunkin Donuts, 6681 Collamer Road, DeWitt
- Dunkin Donuts, 7265 Oswego Road, Clay
- Elephant and the Dove, 9 East Genesee Street, Skaneateles
- Friendly Falafel, 3919 Mandy Rue, Onondaga County
- Gilda’s, 12 West Genesee Street, Skaneateles
- Happy Garden, 2265 Downer Street Road, Van Buren
- Holiday Inn Express, 5418 South Bay Road, Salina
- Ice Cream Crossing Commissary, 3345 Milton Avenue, Camillus
- Lakehouse Pub, 6 West Genesee Street, Skaneateles
- Marcellus Lanes, 4325 Slate Hill Road, Marcellus
- Marcellus Volunteer Fire Department, 4242 Slate Hill Road, Marcellus
- Old Serpico, 512 State Fair Boulevard, Syracuse
- Our Lady of Peace Church, 203 Halcomb Street, Geddes
- Peter’s Polar Parlor, 3345 Milton Avenue, Camillus
- Plank Road Ice Cream, 449 South Main Street, Clay
- School and Vine Kitchen & Bar, 4621 Barker Hill Road, Onondaga
- Sonic Drive-In, 3170 Erie Boulevard East, DeWitt
- Strong Hearts Cafe, 900 East Fayette Street, Syracuse
- Sunshine Mini Mart Ice Cream, 3000 Belgium Road, Lysander
- Taco Bell, 3179 Erie Boulevard East, DeWitt
- Train Hard Fitness, 8180 Oswego Road, Clay
- Wendy’s, 5845 East Circle Drive, Cicero
- Wolff’s Biergarten, 106 Montgomery Street, Syracuse
- Yeti, 558 Westcott Street, Syracuse
The following establishments were found to have corrected violations cited at previous inspections:
- China Express, 9763 Destiny USA Drive, Syracuse
>> See past reports on restaurant inspections
Contact Brenda Duncan anytime: 315-470-2265 | Email | Twitter